|REQUIREMENTS FOR MALE MODELING JOBS
These requirements are for male models are for more high fashion, runway, and editorial modeling jobs. Of course, there are many male models that also work in the character and catalogue categories.
- Male models must be at least 5.10"-6.2" in height.
- Modeling agencies usually look for male models in their late teens into their late twenties.
- Male modeling jobs usually require male models whose suit size is around 40, but the standard size for male models varies depending on client.
- Male models cannot be shy.
- Male models must be very photogenic.
- Male models must have great posture, especially if they are for runway modeling jobs.
MALE MODELING AGENCIES
All the top modeling agencies, like Ford Models and Next Agency, always have a roster of male models to send out to modeling auditions. Their male models work with Abercrombie & Fitch, Ralph Lauren, Versace and all the other world-famous fashion designers. Even though most male models for runway, fashion, and catalogue modeling jobs must fit certain physical requirements, smaller and local modeling agencies acquire male models of different shapes and age to send out to male modeling jobs for various catalogues, commercials, promoting products, print work, and for character or "real people" modeling.
Find Local Male Modeling Agencies in your area >
MALE MODELING PORTFOLIOS & COMP CARDS
A male model's portfolio and comp cards should include a variety of photos, styles, and poses. Since this is a very competitive field in the modeling industry, make sure to have professional photos taken to use for your modeling portfolio and comp cards that shows off your versatility in different surroundings and fashion types. Male models engage in TFP's with local photographers to help build their modeling portfolios. Read more on modeling portfolios and comp cards >