MAIN TYPES OF MODELING AGENCIES
There are different types of modeling agencies.
- Top Modeling Agencies
Top modeling agencies are large-scale and usually located in fashion mecca's like London, Paris and New York. Elite and Ford are among the top modeling agencies in the world.
- Boutique Modeling Agencies
Boutique modeling agencies are smaller in scale and provide more personal attention. These modeling agencies are perfect for beginner models and some work with models of all types and sizes.
- Baby Modeling Agencies and Child Modeling Agencies
Baby modeling agencies and child modeling agencies work with the parents of very young models. These modeling agencies get work permits for modeling jobs and even provide supervision during the photo shoots.
- Plus Size Modeling Agencies
Plus size modeling agencies cater to the fast-growing plus-size fashion industry. Plus-size models are also used to promote health and diet products.
- Pregnant Modeling Agencies
Because of celebrity moms like Heidi Klum, Christina Aguilera, and Halle Berry posing for pictures and magazine covers with their very pregnant bellies, pregnant modeling agencies have grown in number and status. They provide models for fashion designers, specialty stores and chain stores with maternity departments. Since a pregnant model's career is only about nine months long, pregnant modeling agencies are always recruiting new expecting models.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF MODELING AGENCIES
Modeling agencies work round the clock for their clients.
- Modeling agencies will help train models, get test shoots, layout portfolios, and put together comp cards (zed cards) and other printed materials their models need.
- Modeling agencies will help their models find work. They will represent them to designers, photographers and advertisement agencies.
- Modeling agencies will handle all the details on the business end, allowing a model to focus on modeling.
- Modeling agencies will handle booking the modeling jobs, billing for the jobs, and eventually paying the models for their time
- Modeling agencies generally conducts business 'round the clock' to handle emergencies, such as cancellations or rush jobs.
- Most modeling agencies have a service or an operator to direct emergency contact after hours.
SIGNING UP TO MODELING AGENCIES
To sign onto a modeling agency, you can stop by or schedule an appointment. Look for all the modeling agencies in your area. If a modeling agency doesn't have “open calls” or they are a long time away, ask to book an appointment or just drop by. You should do this with as many modeling agencies as possible. Tyra Banks was turned down by four modeling agencies! In 1991, Elite, one of the top modeling agencies in the world, signed her on, and 17-year-old Tyra headed to Paris for fashion shows.
Find Modeling Agencies | Submit Modeling Agencies