REQUIREMENTS FOR FASHION MODELING JOBS
- Female fashion models should be 14-25 years old. Since fashion modeling jobs won’t last a lifetime, most agencies want to invest into younger models.
- Female fashion models' height must be between 5'8"-6'0"
- Female fashion models should weight between 108-130lbs, in proportion to height
- These characteristics for fashion modeling jobs are partly aesthetic and partly practical: this type of frame looks good on the runway and in front of the camera (which, they say, adds up to 15 pounds); and a somewhat scrawny build drapes clothing nicely and ensures a good fit in the standard wardrobe.
- Male fashion models can start out a little later, roughly between the ages of 18 and 25.
- Male fashion models' height must be between 5'11"- 6'2"
- Male fashion models must weight between 140-165 lbs.
- Male fashion models should be fit (not bulging with muscles, but definitely healthy).
FASHION MODELING AGENCIES
Since fashion modeling jobs are the highest paid in the business, fashion modeling agencies try to acquire the best fashion models. This is not easy. fashion models must meet all the particular requirements and physical characteristics.
Find Local Fashion Modeling Agencies in your area >
If you are going for fashion modeling jobs, make sure to have fashion photos in your modeling portfolio. Wear current fashion trends. Solid colors are best. Loud prints can be distracting.
Find Local Fashion Modeling Photographers in your area >
FASHION MODELING PORTFOLIOS & COMP CARDS
A fashion model's portfolio and comp cards should include a variety of photos, styles, and poses. Your modeling portfolio and comp cards should show that you meet all the physical characteristics required for fashion modeling jobs. Read more on modeling portfolios and comp cards >